Sunday, October 19, 2003

Flash Mobs

I am hard pressed to find anything more pathetic than flash mobs and the people that go to them. In the press I keep reading that flash mobs are the latest craze, but I don't know a single person that goes to them (and I know a lot of fairly strange people). What on earth would make someone want to consort with strangers over the internet and plans some ridiculous group activity? Can't they think of a slightly better to do than eat marshmellows in the mall (while jumping up and down) with a hundred other losers? The whole thing is a desperate cry for attention, excuse me, a desperate collective cry for attention (which makes it so much worse). In the past a lot of things have been called signs of social decay or warnings of the imminent collapse of western civilization, but I think flash mobs alone are worthy of that title. The only fads that rival the bizzare techno-lameness of flash mobs are friendster and blogging...

But back to the point, I'd vote for any candidate for any level of government with a sufficiently severe flash mob eradication plan and a vague understanding of the principles of political economy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home