Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Is Clark Arrogant? Third Hand Information Suggests So

The New Republic Primary has pointed out that Wesley Clark responded to charges that he was aloof and arrogant by remarking:

"How do you think I could have succeeded in the military if everybody didn't like me? It's impossible," he said. "Do you realize I was the first person promoted to full colonel in my entire year group of 2,000 officers? I was the only one selected. Do you realize that? . . . Do you realize I was the only one of my West Point class picked to command a brigade when I was picked? . . . I was the first person picked for brigadier general. You have to balance this out. . . . A lot of people love me."

Why didn't he just say "I am the most humble man ever, I totally won the humble prize for 5 years in a row and the nobel committee is considering giving me an award for my humility. Oh, did I mention I was really humble?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home