Friday, September 05, 2003

Arnold: Up is Down.

"I want to be a governor who is for the people, for everyone...Therefore I don't want to take any contributions, any campaign contributions, from the special interests. Because as soon as you do that, as soon as you say OK, give me this money and I will do this, this, and that for you, you are selling out---Arnold Schwarzenegger, August 25th, on Hugh Hewitt's radio show.

I'm so glad that isn't whoring himself out to special interests. Oh wait, yes he is. However, there is some good news, Arnold refuses to sell out to Unions and Indian tribes that have gaming interests, but big business and wealth individuals are still okay. The funny thing about this rule is that it actually makes it more likely that Schwarzenegger be will beholden to special interests, because his donor base will be narrower and he'll be less able to play favor seeking contributors off each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home