Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Dean the Destroyer

A lot of folks, mostly "progressives", have attacked the DLC for going hard on Dean, because it is "divisive" and damaging to the Democratic Parties unity and providing fodder for the right. However, I don't think the DLC is nearly as reckless as Dean himself, who seems to be threatening to intentionally sabotage the Democrats, at least that is what this US News article suggests:

Some weeks ago, Democratic Party Chairman Terry McAuliffe privately asked each candidate to drop out of the race when it became "mathematically clear" that the party had selected a nominee, a date he estimated would be no later than March 9 of next year. McAuliffe asked each to release his or her delegates and endorse the presumptive winner before the convention.

Dean refused. "It's not going to happen," he told U.S. News. "I'm not deliberately going to sit it out [in order to] have an uncontentious convention. I certainly want the Democratic nominee to win and I hope it's me, but this is about building the party, and I'm building the party and I'm in for the long run."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home