Saturday, March 22, 2003

Nerves of Steel or Pigheadedness?
In recent weeks a number of Center Left hawks have turned against a war with Iraq. I'd just like to make clear that I've supported a war, still support a war and will continue to support a war with Iraq. The lack of international cooperation does not phase me, well maybe it phases me only a little. I will not muddy the water with qualifications about UN approval, multilateralism or a unity at home. I believe that Saddam Hussien has to go, I believe that a regime so vile and wormeaten, a regime thathas managed to commit almost every crime a state can commit ought to be smashed to pieces and I don't really care how its done or who does it. Right now only the United States is capable of doing what needs to be done and if it has to be done unilaterally, fine. I beleive this war is right and if I'm wrong I'll pay whatever price part-time warmongers pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home