Monday, August 09, 2004

The Nerve!

States: School's lessons full of errors

When I first read about a school teaching that there were 53 states, I was amused. It reminded me of the time I heard a woman telling her child about how Canada was the biggest state. Then I read the rest of the article and it became very clear to me that it was not a matter of typos or honest mistakes. The school is clearly and deliberately continuing to profit off of miseducating its students, presumably mostly poor immigrants. It is not merely an attempt to make money with no regards to anything else. If that was the case, the errors would have been corrected long ago to reduce the bad media attention. The fact that the school continues to teach incorrect information indicates more sinister goals, mainly the humiliation of its students. Arrrgh! I wanted a funny article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home